1) I got married. That was kind of busy.
2) I have a new job. It, of course, takes up a lot of my time, passion, energy, and tennis elbow quotient. But it’s loads of fun! I’m the French Linguistic QA Specialist at NCsoft, and I primarily focus on French-language text in Aion, a Korean-developed MMO.
3) I’ve been consulting more, helping people write ads or tweak their profiles. Check out my consulting page at www.loveb.ug for more info, but basically, between that and my full-time day job I’ve had less leisure time and less inclination to blog.
6) I went to Japan, which required the learning of some Japanese. And because of #2 I’m also learning some Korean. And we’re also learning some Brazilian Portuguese for a friend’s upcoming wedding in Rio. Whew!
7) Oh yeah, I changed my name. (See #1.) That was kind of a pain in the ass, truth be told. All done now, hence the new URL!
8) The aforementioned tennis elbow. It sucks. It makes typing and mousing lots really, really hard.
9) I’m trying to work on a book relating to my consulting practice (see #3), but #8 is obviously interfering. While there are entertaining tools to help with this, they don’t work so well on the go!
10) Turns out I only had nine reasons. :)